Join 1M+ other developers and:
- Get help and share knowledge in Q&A
- Subscribe to topics of interest
- Get courses & tools that help you grow as a developer or small business owner
Permission Denied when trying to rename wp-content/plugins folder
As I was following many tutorials online for a possible solution, none has been successful.
What I have done so far:
- access via FTP(filezilla)
- locate the wp-content & plugin directory.
- attempted to rename : error: permission denied
attempted tutorial “fixes”
- after changing to different permission modes that was recommended, I still got the error: permission denied. and I reset the modes back to what they were originally.
Extra info: I am logging in as my sudo and not my originalroot.
I am now stuck again and if anyone can direct/assist me on this matter, it is greatly appreciated!
(cannot access my admin page for wordpress because of a plugin installed. So I am trying to deactivate that plugin via ftp…)
These answers are provided by our Community. If you find them useful, show some love by clicking the heart. If you run into issues leave a comment, or add your own answer to help others.×