Join 1M+ other developers and:
- Get help and share knowledge in Q&A
- Subscribe to topics of interest
- Get courses & tools that help you grow as a developer or small business owner
Postfix can't send mails externally
I installed and configure on Ubuntu 16.04 droplet but it couldn’t send email externally.
I’ve tested this scenarios:
- Send an internal emails, it works.
- send an email from gmail or yahoo mail or other email service, it works too, so I receive the email in the appropriate mailbox.
The unique scenario that doesn’t work is when i try to send to an external email services such as google, yahoo, outlook or other site.
Looking into the Postfix logs I got the some different error messages:
a. Network is unreachable
b. Connetion timeout
Could you please help me? I already opened a ticket for looking into this issue (ports configuration and droplet exceptions) but I didn’t receive any feedback/new about the solution… so I’m considering change my VPS cloud provider.
Could you recommend me any other VPS Could server provider?
Thank you all your help.
These answers are provided by our Community. If you find them useful, show some love by clicking the heart. If you run into issues leave a comment, or add your own answer to help others.×