Question

Problem with Wordpress updater and Jetpack connection (register_http_request_failed)

Three days ago I uploaded new version of my blog, and when I was activate Jetpack plugin on Wordpress API, I always receive a message about http_headers. Below, the message that I’m getting:

Jetpack could not contact WordPress.com: register_http_request_failed. This usually means something is incorrectly configured on your web host.
name lookup timed out

I don’t change any configurations in my droplet, iptables or file permissions…yesterday (10/16/2014) I received a mail from Digital Ocean talking about SSL v3, and I think this can be the root of problem (or not).

Is there any change or lock on datacenter that could block Wordpress authentication with Wordpress API ?

More info

-Admin interface is so slow because wordpress always checks for updates of his core (5-10 seconds to get response for a request avg).


Submit an answer

This textbox defaults to using Markdown to format your answer.

You can type !ref in this text area to quickly search our full set of tutorials, documentation & marketplace offerings and insert the link!

Sign In or Sign Up to Answer

These answers are provided by our Community. If you find them useful, show some love by clicking the heart. If you run into issues leave a comment, or add your own answer to help others.

Want to learn more? Join the DigitalOcean Community!

Join our DigitalOcean community of over a million developers for free! Get help and share knowledge in Q&A, subscribe to topics of interest, and get courses and tools that will help you grow as a developer and scale your project or business.

I found the problem on my DNS config. Here (in Brazil) we always use Google’s DNS (8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4), my droplet has these ones on resolv.conf.

I looking for NY public DNS and replaced current DNSs by this new one (66.93.87.2).

My /etc/resolv.conf:

#nameserver 4.2.2.2
#nameserver 8.8.8.8

nameserver 66.93.87.2

All internal requests from Wordpress are working perfectly.

I just found this answer (read the comment to the answer by davidkomer).

Only having one nameserver in resolv.conf fixed it.

I removed 4.2.2.2 and all seems copacetic. In case one wants to continue using Google DNS.

This comment has been deleted