Question

Problems with DNS after pointing domain to different droplet.

Hi! I think I might have done something stupid, and now I don’t know how to fix the situation. I had a domain - mgly.pl - pointing to a Droplet with temporary www page. When I started building the target website I deleted this droplet, and created another one, and pointed domain to the new droplet. And now I have problems with what I believe is DNS-related. It seems that it didn’t propagate well. When I check with dnschecker it seems like google servers don’t see the A record for mgly.pl domain. And also - with some Internet providers I see the new web page, and with others there is Server Not Found message. Can anyone help me with solving this problem?

Subscribe
Share

Submit an answer
You can type!ref in this text area to quickly search our full set of tutorials, documentation & marketplace offerings and insert the link!

These answers are provided by our Community. If you find them useful, show some love by clicking the heart. If you run into issues leave a comment, or add your own answer to help others.

Hey friend,

I think you’ll just need to wait it out. I queried the parent TLD and it returns ns1 and ns2 from our nameservers, and I queried both NS servers and received the IP. I queried Google and received no record. Sounds like DNS propagation to me. Anything but .com, .net, and .org always seem to take longer in my experience. The rule of thumb is 48 hours. It’s a pretty specific scenario that you have to wait 48 hours for, but it’s the rule because it covers all bases.

Jarland

@jarland resolved with registrar - thanks a million for great catch with DNSSEC!

Thank you @jarland I will do that as soon as I will get access to registrar, as it’s not my account. Will let you know right away, thanks for your help!

Hey Jarland! Thanks for prompt reply! I just need to state, that I’m waiting much longer than 48 hours and nothing changed so far. Today I added wildcard *.mgly.pl to my A records, and also tried one hack that I found here: https://meta.discourse.org/t/problems-with-digital-ocean-dns-lookups/60025 to point nameserver to OpenDNS servers but it seems like an old hack, that I don’t even fully understand. Nevertheless, after few hours I can say it didn’t do anything.