Join 1M+ other developers and:
- Get help and share knowledge in Q&A
- Subscribe to topics of interest
- Get courses & tools that help you grow as a developer or small business owner
Problems with root password and recovery
I’m a novice and my situation is as follows;
- Droplet been running fine for weeks.
- Dev team building new system for me.
- This morning Dev team cant access site
- Log ticket with DO
- Response is droplet pinging so seems ports 22 and 80 are closed now (we have no idea how this happened)
- Support advises to login to console.
- Root password not being accepted in console.
- Reset root 3 times - still no accesss
- Support advise to manually change it via recovery. I set the password myself manually.
- Back to console - new password doesnt work
- Reset password via normal dashboard method again.
- Still cant access console
So basically they are now telling me:
“"We’re really sorry about the trouble you’re having signing in to your Droplet. Unfortunately, we cant identify anything which would prevent login through the Console using the password as reset from the recovery ISO unless something was wrong with the operating system on the Droplet itself. As a result, the only other solution we have would be to start the Droplet from the recovery image again, and copy any needed files off the Droplet and onto a new one. Other than that, we don’t have access to your Droplet and would not be able to diagnose the specific internal issue leading to this. ”“
So I tried once more to mount the recovery myself and when i booted it up I see only this in console.
I am at my wits end.
The DO password reset doesnt allow me to access the console.
I cant get onto the server via SSH because the port 22 is closed.
I need help. Willing to pay someone to help me.
Thanks - Allan
These answers are provided by our Community. If you find them useful, show some love by clicking the heart. If you run into issues leave a comment, or add your own answer to help others.×