Problems with Ubuntu and Sentora configuration
Hi. I'm quite new in VPS and Ubuntu environment. I want to move my 4 wordpress websites to DO, but I have a few problems I couldn't manage to find any solution. But first, here's what I did so far:
- I've created a $5 droplet with Ubuntu 14.04 x64, then used Putty to login as root to change the password I've got on my email.
- Then I've installed Santora panel and after the installation, I've logged in to the panel and added my four domains (with new home directory).
- I've used Filezilla to establish SFTP connection as root user to my server, then I pasted my first website files to /var/sentora/hostdata/domain1/public_html/
- In Digital Ocean panel / DNS I've added my domain1, then I changed ns addresses at ovh.com (my domain register).
- Then in Sentora panel I've created database and user, imported DB backup, changed a few things in wp-config, and about 1 hour later my first website was running. Great :)
- In the meantime I also created FTP account in Santora panel to upload rest of my websites as 'normal' user, not root.
- Then I've decided to follow the Tutorials. Initial Server Setup with Ubuntu 14.04 and Additional Recommended Steps for New Ubuntu 14.04 Servers to be exact.
And now the part I couldn't manage. Since I created a new user, gave him a Public Key Authentication, and Restricted Root Login, I can establish the Filezilla connection only as my new user. That is working fine. But when I want to access /var/sentora/hostdata/ I have following error: Directory /var/sentora/hostdata: permission denied. So now I can't upload my other websites.
I wrote above that I've created FTP account in Sentora panel. That's right, but I can't login using the login and password I've set up. It keeps asking me for the password. I type the one I've set up in Sentora, but the Filezilla not connecting me.
I'm sure there is an easy way to solve those problems, but I could find it :( Can anyone help me?