Question about Debian 8 image
I have recently ordered an droplet with Debian 8 and got slightly confused while performing initial configuration of it. Previously I'm used to that if I order a VPS I'm getting moslty prepared server, but this time I have to do too much a lot of steps to make it ready:
- Change "PermitRootLogin" to "no" and "PasswordAuthentication" to "no" (I think this should be default on servers)
- Remove exim4 service and other exim4 packages like exim4-config
- Remove rpcbind and rpc.stats services and libtirpc1 package
- Remove libevent-2.0-5, libnfsidmap2
- OMG, remove mounting /dev/sr0 to /media/cdrom0 in /etc/fstab
I really feeling that this is the desktop image. Why do somebody would need a desktop on a VPS? Or it is because Debian doesn't have distinct Desktop and Server images like for example Ubuntu does?