Questions to sendmail with wordpress
I have the 10$ Wordpress droplet. I had to reinstall sendmail and I cannot make it work again.
Problem: registration/pwd change/whatever that sends mail in WP hangs. Emails are delivered but the website hangs which makes users click the send button 10 million times.
Done so far:
- followed the tutorial on DO to set up sendmail
- got fully qualified domain name "droplet.example.com"
- set up the FQDN in /etc/hosts and /etc/hostname and as droplet name
- made A records for that FQDN
- made lines for internal and external IPs in /etc/hosts
- set up masquerading in sendmail.mc
- removed all lines featuring 127.0.0.1 in sendmail.mc and making sure they are removed from sendmail.cf too
After each change I restarted the sendmail service of course.
No effects so far.
- how come emails sent through wordpress are not logged in /var/log/mail.log ? Where does WP keep mail logs?
- how come emails sent through wordpress are not in $ mailq even though they obviously hang at least 5 minutes?
- did I forget something with that sendmail configuration?