Questions to sendmail with wordpress
I have the 10$ Wordpress droplet. I had to reinstall sendmail and I cannot make it work again.
Problem: registration/pwd change/whatever that sends mail in WP hangs. Emails are delivered but the website hangs which makes users click the send button 10 million times.
Done so far:
- followed the tutorial on DO to set up sendmail
- got fully qualified domain name “droplet.example.com”
- set up the FQDN in /etc/hosts and /etc/hostname and as droplet name
- made A records for that FQDN
- made lines for internal and external IPs in /etc/hosts
- set up masquerading in sendmail.mc
- removed all lines featuring 127.0.0.1 in sendmail.mc and making sure they are removed from sendmail.cf too
After each change I restarted the sendmail service of course.
No effects so far.
- how come emails sent through wordpress are not logged in /var/log/mail.log ? Where does WP keep mail logs?
- how come emails sent through wordpress are not in $ mailq even though they obviously hang at least 5 minutes?
- did I forget something with that sendmail configuration?
These answers are provided by our Community. If you find them useful, show some love by clicking the heart. If you run into issues leave a comment, or add your own answer to help others.×