Join 1M+ other developers and:
- Get help and share knowledge in Q&A
- Subscribe to topics of interest
- Get courses & tools that help you grow as a developer or small business owner
Rails one-click (16.04) problem with unicorn.sock not found
I’m trying to setup my Rails app onto the new one-click install using Ubuntu 16.04. I was trying to set Let’s encrypt when I realize the server did not work and the nginx log show me this:
2017/06/15 10:49:17 [crit] 3304#3304: *1 connect() to unix:/run/DigitalOceanOneClick/unicorn.sock failed (2: No such file or directory) while connecting to upstream, client: x.x.x.x, server: staging-api.batiment.nc, request: "GET /favicon.ico HTTP/1.1", upstream: "http://unix:/run/DigitalOceanOneClick/unicorn.sock:/favicon.ico", host: "staging-api.batiment.nc", referrer: "http://staging-api.batiment.nc/"
Checking at the
/run folder, it seems that
DigitalOceanOneClick directory is erased somehow. Whenever I create it, something erase it.
Here are the thing I did on the machine (the rails_project demo page was working fine before):
- Use rvm to change Ruby version (was 2.4.0 but needed to change to 2.2.5)
- Install my app and its dependencies (every worked out)
- Point unicorn to the right directory (the new app)
- Configure nginx to point to the right directory and start let’s encrypt but then it failed to find
Anyone of you experiencing that?
These answers are provided by our Community. If you find them useful, show some love by clicking the heart. If you run into issues leave a comment, or add your own answer to help others.×