Secure access to servers via VPN
I would like to set up a server structure to publish websites/apps.
Therefore I set up a list of requirements for this server structure:
- seperat database and webserver
- git deployment
- secure access to the database server
Also I would like to setup a home server with proxmox, to simulate the same server structure at home just to have a good reference system.
After I gathered all the requirements, I started to outline some network designs.
- S01MYSQL: A MYSQL server that handles all databases. With one user for every application created on the webserver.
- S02PHP: A basic nginx/PHP server with git deployment via the post receive hook
- S03VPN: VPN server that creates the virtual network with S01MYSQL,S02PHP and all development PCs/Macs as clients
*RS01: Rootserver with proxmox as virtualization software and openVPN installed to create the same network like I described in the first design.
S01MYSQL and S02PHP will be virtualized in proxmox.
Now I’m interested what you think about this designs.