Secure access to servers via VPN
I would like to set up a server structure to publish websites/apps.
Therefore I set up a list of requirements for this server structure:
- seperat database and webserver
- git deployment
- secure access to the database server
Also I would like to setup a home server with proxmox, to simulate the same server structure at home just to have a good reference system.
After I gathered all the requirements, I started to outline some network designs.
- S01MYSQL: A MYSQL server that handles all databases. With one user for every application created on the webserver.
- S02PHP: A basic nginx/PHP server with git deployment via the post receive hook
- S03VPN: VPN server that creates the virtual network with S01MYSQL,S02PHP and all development PCs/Macs as clients
*RS01: Rootserver with proxmox as virtualization software and openVPN installed to create the same network like I described in the first design.
S01MYSQL and S02PHP will be virtualized in proxmox.
Now I’m interested what you think about this designs.
These answers are provided by our Community. If you find them useful, show some love by clicking the heart. If you run into issues leave a comment, or add your own answer to help others.×