I have a VueJS web app that uses MariaDB for database. I have had this running fine on my droplet, without HTTPS, and I added SSL using Let’s Encrypt. The app continued to work for awhile, but then stopped for some reason, apparently a bug in the code (I didn’t change the code). In any event I have been working on getting it back up and running.
I realize now that the easy SSL process I used did not update MariaDB for using SSL, so I started looking at that. This looks like a very involved procedure that I’m not currently ready to tackle.
I am considering various options for the current alpha release of the app, which include:
Obviously I am not an expert in this SSL topic…
I am looking for advice. My priorities:
Through the alpha phase I will learn much more about deployment and DevOps, and become much more knowledgeable about managing a fully secured and performant web app.
Thanks much. So far I am very pleased with Digital Ocean!