Join 1M+ other developers and:
- Get help and share knowledge in Q&A
- Subscribe to topics of interest
- Get courses & tools that help you grow as a developer or small business owner
Setting up h2o with digitalocean
Does anybody happen to know how I could set up h2o with digitalocean?
here’s what I would like to do:
1) run a 8gb ubuntu droplet on digitalocean
2) install h2o
3) initiate h2o instance on digitalocean droplet
4) connect to h2o instance from Rstudio on my laptop
5) run my machine learning code where the computations are done in the h2o instance on digitalocean
So far all goes well until I reach number 4 -> when I try to connect I get the following error at the h2o instance on the digitalocean droplet:
.5:54321 ERRR: Got IO error when sending batch UDP bytes: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused
This is actually not so surprising as I would expect that I need to somehow configure the droplet to allow a secure connection from my laptop; however I have no idea how to approach this and couldn’t find any documentation on it.
Does anybody know how I should proceed?
These answers are provided by our Community. If you find them useful, show some love by clicking the heart. If you run into issues leave a comment, or add your own answer to help others.×