Join 1M+ other developers and:
- Get help and share knowledge in Q&A
- Subscribe to topics of interest
- Get courses & tools that help you grow as a developer or small business owner
Setting up multiple sites on multiple subdomains
I’m looking to consolidate my dev works into DigitalOcean. I have multiple demo sites (Wordpress, PHP, Nodejs) that I’ll need to use when I show clients samples.
What’s the best way to approach this? Is this a nginx solution?
I wish to have my wordpress or even static sites hosted like this.
- https://www.asd.com/demo1 -> Shows Demo1 Wordpress Site
- https://www.asd.com/demo2 -> Shows Demo2 Nodejs App
- https://www.asd.com/demo3 -> Shows Demo3 PHP Site
I don’t foresee a lot of traffic coming or even databases that increase overtime. I also wish to password protect this sites. For example only each pair of credentials can access each demos.
Should I use nginx to manage the domains and set passwords from there? Any advices or documentation can help.
These answers are provided by our Community. If you find them useful, show some love by clicking the heart. If you run into issues leave a comment, or add your own answer to help others.×