Setup postfix and dovecot for domain
I cannot get my mail working with virtualmin, dovecot and postfix
I have tried every setting. If I try to authenticate via my mailclient, I get an error instantly
If I try webmail (roundcube) I get: ‘SMTP authentication failed’.
I already checked:
- If dovecot was running under port 143
- if the mailserver I use (mail.mydomain.com) points to the correct IP
- if the user is listed in virtualmin under my domain
- I did re-check configurattion and everything is OK
- Sending mail from usermin is also not working, gives 'Failed to send mail : SMTP command . failed : 451 4.3.0 Error: queue file write error ’
- Sending mail to the mailadres is not working too (no error in mailclient, just not sent or received)
- I have set-up this DNS records: mail.mydomain.com. , pointing to MY vps-s IP (A record) and an Mx record vor mail.mydomain.com.
- In webmin I checked if both dovecot and postfix are up&running
- I tried numerous other settings but nothing seems to work
What now? Where do I start debugging?
PS: I don`t now if this matters, but the VPS mainserver (the domain I talk about here is a subserver), the mainserver is a subdomain like: srv5.myserversdomain.com. This hostname (srv5) points to the VPS. On the VPS I run virtualmin and withing virtualmin I have srv5.myserverdomain.com as mainserver and mydomain.com as subserver. The website is working fine for mydomain.com, just the mail not.
PS, I tailed the log too this gives 2 errors all the time: > queue file write error > hash: /etc/postfix/bcc is unavailable. open database /etc/postfix/bcc.db: no such file or dir > senderbccmaps_lookup porblem
Thanks a lot!
These answers are provided by our Community. If you find them useful, show some love by clicking the heart. If you run into issues leave a comment, or add your own answer to help others.×