Join 1M+ other developers and:
- Get help and share knowledge in Q&A
- Subscribe to topics of interest
- Get courses & tools that help you grow as a developer or small business owner
Shared CPU was somehow faster than Dedicated CPU
There are 2 types of web application that I have.
- Application Server => 2vCPUs Shared ,Memory 4GB, $20/m
- Database Server =>2vCPUs Dedicated, 8GB RAM, 25GB Disk, $115/m
- Application Server => 1vCPUs Shared, Memory 2GB , $10/m
- Database Server =>1vCPUs Shared, 1GB RAM, 10GB Disk, $15/m
Both types use Ubuntu, php, MySQL.
As you can see, the type A is higher spec.
First I created the Type B, and created the Type A based on the snapshot of the Type B.
I uploaded the same SQL database, and same php source code.
I run a heavy process with the exactly same condition at both types.
I believed that Type A complete the task much faster, but the result was as follows.
Type A : 21 minutes 40 seconds
Type B : 12 minutes 25 seconds
is there anyone who can explain me the reason for the result well ?
These answers are provided by our Community. If you find them useful, show some love by clicking the heart. If you run into issues leave a comment, or add your own answer to help others.×