Question

some resources are not loading for the first time. but ok on refresh

Hi, i think this is a wired problem. when i open up my site for the first time on chrome, some of the resources (image, js, css) are not loaded. from chrome developer console these are the error massage.

Failed to load resource: net::ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR                velocity.min.js
Failed to load resource: net::ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR                add-ons.png 
Failed to load resource: net::ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR                integrations.png 
Failed to load resource: net::ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR                trucking.svg 
Failed to load resource: net::ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR                calculating.png 
Failed to load resource: net::ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR                novo-header-bg.jpg

but right after refreshing the page, its completely fine. also its not like error with the same resources every time i open my site on chrome incognito. sometime, error gives for 17 items, sometime for 8 items randomly. this is happening with my all sites including which are on sub-domain.

im using latest chrome version, deleted chrome entire cache, flush my dns resolver but none helped me. also no error on my server error log. for Firefox everything is fine. this is happening on chrome/desktop

anyone faced the similar issue? im using latest nginx with http2 by the way… and here is my ssl config

        ssl_protocols TLSv1 TLSv1.1 TLSv1.2;
        ssl_prefer_server_ciphers on;
        ssl_ciphers EECDH+CHACHA20:EECDH+AES128:RSA+AES128:EECDH+AES256:RSA+AES256:EECDH+3DES:RSA+3DES:!MD5;
        ssl_ecdh_curve secp384r1;
        ssl_session_cache shared:SSL:10m;
        ssl_session_timeout 60m;
        ssl_session_tickets off;
        ssl_stapling on;
        ssl_stapling_verify on;
        resolver 8.8.8.8 8.8.4.4 valid=300s;
        resolver_timeout 5s;
        add_header Strict-Transport-Security "max-age=15768000; includeSubDomains" always;
        add_header X-Frame-Options SAMEORIGIN;
        add_header X-Content-Type-Options nosniff;

thanks in advance. @jtittle @hansen


Submit an answer

This textbox defaults to using Markdown to format your answer.

You can type !ref in this text area to quickly search our full set of tutorials, documentation & marketplace offerings and insert the link!

Sign In or Sign Up to Answer

These answers are provided by our Community. If you find them useful, show some love by clicking the heart. If you run into issues leave a comment, or add your own answer to help others.

Want to learn more? Join the DigitalOcean Community!

Join our DigitalOcean community of over a million developers for free! Get help and share knowledge in Q&A, subscribe to topics of interest, and get courses and tools that will help you grow as a developer and scale your project or business.

@newbie

That’s definitely a little odd. I’m seeing reports of this with Chrome 53.x, but those same reports state that it’s fixed in 54.x or higher.

Others are showing it’s potentially an issue with current/previous redirects such as 301, 302, etc. The type that stick and can result in problems in some cases.

That said, I pulled up a few of the sites I manage as well as a few of the demo sites I’ve setup that run source compiles of NGINX (the latest mainline – 1.13.0 as of this post) and I can’t replicate the issue.

I’m using Chrome 57.0.2987.98 (64-bit) on MacOS right now and the dev console is clean.

This comment has been deleted

@newbie

From what I’m reading, you may need to flush the socket connections within Chrome. I’ve never ran in to this issue before, though it seems to pop up frequently.

Open a new tab in Chrome and paste in:

chrome://net-internals/#sockets

Click on “Flush Socket Pools” – that should help from what I’m reading.