Join 1M+ other developers and:
- Get help and share knowledge in Q&A
- Subscribe to topics of interest
- Get courses & tools that help you grow as a developer or small business owner
SSH key installation on existant droplet: Password still prompting
SSH key installation on existant droplet
I’ve installed a SSH key from the
account settings >
security. The public SSH key I’ve generated from an Ubuntu *terminal on my *Windows *machine was successfully added to in my *DigitalOcean *account. Problem is that the password is still prompting despite having the *SSH key.
What I’ve tried
- Public SSH key checked and repasted into my account
- Should I delete/recreate the droplet to link my public SSH key?
These answers are provided by our Community. If you find them useful, show some love by clicking the heart. If you run into issues leave a comment, or add your own answer to help others.×