Join 1M+ other developers and:
- Get help and share knowledge in Q&A
- Subscribe to topics of interest
- Get courses & tools that help you grow as a developer or small business owner
Hi group, so I am about to start a new droplet, but this time, I am looking for suggestions in regards to storage solutions.
I had a thought that I can just start a small $10 or $20 droplet for serving the website files, but then have a storage solution for my images.
I am a photographer and have a large number of images that link to my Wordpress Gallery. Looking at roughly 100GB.
I have searched and read a lot of articles but would like to know your suggestions. Here is what I have found so far, please feel free to comment on the below as I am unsure on any of these.
1) Use Amazon S3, mount it to the Droplet and use it as the image file server that Wordpress can use as a gallery. (Is this slow because retrieving each image between servers can have a ping of 180ms+?)
2) Somehow connect Google Drive as the main Wp-content/uploads folder? Possible?
3 )Somehow connect Dropbox as the main Wp-content/uploads folder? Possible?
4) Use block storage as the mount drive for a $10 droplet and then $10 100gb? Can this still work with a CDN as there are no Sydney servers, which is where we are based. Is block storage and droplet on the same datacentre private networked? How fast is the transfer between the two?
These answers are provided by our Community. If you find them useful, show some love by clicking the heart. If you run into issues leave a comment, or add your own answer to help others.×