Join 1M+ other developers and:
- Get help and share knowledge in Q&A
- Subscribe to topics of interest
- Get courses & tools that help you grow as a developer or small business owner
Super new, help would be lovely!
Alright so I’ll start with this is my first time ever using a “non-traditional” “DIY” kind of host, I’ve always used pre-plans on and cpanel for anything related to websites, I’ve been searching through the knowledge base on what I can’t and can do. Basically what I need right now is:
- phpmyadmin / sql(sql is semi-installed atm)
- Function webserver (which is currently in progress..ish)
- 5.6 php with basic settings on it
My current plan is the $20 plan, hosted in NYC1 with Ubuntu 14.04 installed.
I was wondering if it would be more worth setting up a cpanel that’s free? Or is it better to learn this myself currently?
I’m not necessarily asking for you to do these things for me, but to give me a few helpful links and maybe some I missed in the knowledge base, any help would be really appreciated!
These answers are provided by our Community. If you find them useful, show some love by clicking the heart. If you run into issues leave a comment, or add your own answer to help others.×