Join 1M+ other developers and:
- Get help and share knowledge in Q&A
- Subscribe to topics of interest
- Get courses & tools that help you grow as a developer or small business owner
Swiftmailer times out when trying to send an email from my Symfony App (Flex)
I have a Symfony Flex (v4) app on one of my droplets.
I am using SwiftMailer in my app so i can send emails.
It sends to another host (a mail server) the email so it can handles it.
The MAILER_URL is in an Apache2 SetEnv variable and it something like this:
SetEnv MAILER_URL "smtp://amazing.domain.org:25?etcetcetc"
The log of my applications says that it timed out
[2018-03-17 21:24:36] app.ERROR: Exception occurred while flushing email queue: Connection could not be established with host amazing.domain.org [Connection timed out #110]  
- In my dev environment it sends the email correctly.
- Its not a problem of the email service provider.. I’ve checked it and its working great
- The settings of the connection are correct.. so its not a wrong password nor username nor type of connection nor port of the host…
I am starting to believe that something is blocking it.. maybe i need to add some outbound rule.. any ideas?
Any rule i have to add to my firewall? to my
ufw Ubuntu droplet?
Thanks for the help in advance.
I love this community. Much love.
These answers are provided by our Community. If you find them useful, show some love by clicking the heart. If you run into issues leave a comment, or add your own answer to help others.×