System not booting. How do I get my login prompt?
I am running a Ruby on Rails app on Ubuntu 14.04 droplet. And suddenly something went wrong and navigating to my app shows
“We’re sorry, but something went wrong. If you are the application owner please look at the log”
on my browser. Now I did a “Power off” >> then “Power On” >> then “Console Access” but not getting the login prompt.
Detailed steps below
- I am running a Ruby on Rails app on a droplet
- App was being used and everything was ok until about 30 minutes ago my app stopped working with the message “We’re sorry, but something went wrong. If you are the application owner please look at the log”
- I logged in to my Digital Ocean account to do a COnsole Access and look at the log
- But then I had forgotten my root password, so I chose to reset my root password
- Now I have got my root password over email.
- Then I clicked on the “Console access” but was not getting the login prompt.
- So I did “Power Off”
- Then “Power On”
- Then “Console Access”
- I am not getting the LOGIN prompt. It is loading and waiting at “random: non blocking pool is initialized”
- I am unsure - How to login?