Join 1M+ other developers and:
- Get help and share knowledge in Q&A
- Subscribe to topics of interest
- Get courses & tools that help you grow as a developer or small business owner
transferring an existing droplet into a docker image
I’m new to all this and looking for some general advice on what’s the best way of transfering my existing DigitalOcean image (droplet) into a docker image.
Thankfully, i’m still at the beginning of my project and I haven’t done the code yet, only the configuration/security of the Ubuntu OS along with SSL certificates are done.
My main concerns are:
- Do I have to recreate the docker image/configuration, or can I just take the image from DigitalOcean?
- If no1 is not possible, how do I reload my SSL certificates using Let’s Encrypt/certbot? I’ve already backed up the “/etc/letsencrypt” folder, do I just need to upload that (after what is done)?
I can’t seem to find any tutorials for the above two questions. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
These answers are provided by our Community. If you find them useful, show some love by clicking the heart. If you run into issues leave a comment, or add your own answer to help others.×