Join 1M+ other developers and:
- Get help and share knowledge in Q&A
- Subscribe to topics of interest
- Get courses & tools that help you grow as a developer or small business owner
transparent load balancers
It seems DOs Loadbalancers do not honor “externalTrafficPolicy: Local” Setting in Kubernetes Service definition.
With this setting in GKE, the original client IP Adress is contained in the TCP Source IP Header. With DOs Loadbalancers, that is not the case.
How can I preserve the original client IP Adress when using SSL Passthrough (where you cannot modify the HTTP Headers and therefore X-Forwarded-For is not an option)?
externalTrafficPolicy: Local # preserves source ip
- name: ambassador-plain port: 80
- name: ambassador-tls port: 443
These answers are provided by our Community. If you find them useful, show some love by clicking the heart. If you run into issues leave a comment, or add your own answer to help others.×