Join 1M+ other developers and:
- Get help and share knowledge in Q&A
- Subscribe to topics of interest
- Get courses & tools that help you grow as a developer or small business owner
Trying to get Droplet in NYC2 on MySQL to access tables on MySQL droplet in Amsterdam
I have two droplets - one in Amsterdam (188.8.131.52) and one in NYC2 (184.108.40.206) - the NYC runs wordpress on MySQL and the first is just a Bootstrap app running on MySQL
I am trying the NYC2 droplet to access tables on the Amsterdam droplet. I have tried various options but cannot get the connection to establish
- I removed the bind-address=localhost from myconf as suggested on many articles. allowing the server to listen on all ports on the Amsterdam server
- I set up FW rules (which i have now deleted) allowing BOTH servers incoming and outgoing on port 3306
- I tried to create a new user on MySQL in Amsterdam but that i could not get right.
- I have tried using the same DB connection info eg username/pass/db name etc on NYC2 to connect to the DB on Amsterdam but no go
It just says user firstname.lastname@example.org not allowed to access dbase
Having spent over 5 hours last night on this - I now am requesting help please !!!!
These answers are provided by our Community. If you find them useful, show some love by clicking the heart. If you run into issues leave a comment, or add your own answer to help others.×