Join 1M+ other developers and:
- Get help and share knowledge in Q&A
- Subscribe to topics of interest
- Get courses & tools that help you grow as a developer or small business owner
Ubuntu Tomcat help
I had a Java application deployed (setup by someone else) and I’ve been going through the process of improving it myself (read. breaking it). I need some help please
I appear to have HTTPS working ok and have now got Tomcat working, except it only shows a blank page when you go to the URL. When you inspect the page it shows a raft of 404 errors where it doesn’t seem to be able to find the .jps files. This makes me think a path is incorrectly set somewhere or a permissions issue?
TBH the whole file structure in this directory is confusing to me, there seems to be multiple versions of the same files all over the place.
Root. 1. bin
- admin (admin console - used to be accessed using URL/site-admin 1.apache-tomcat-8.5.29
- webapps 1. ROOT
- back-end (this has the .WAR file in it)
- frount-end (presume spelling mistake) - (this seems to mimic the content of both the webapps/site-web directory and webapps/ROOT) 2. etc = apache2
The tomcat log seems to be clear and running ok.
Help would be greatly appreciated and can post additional info if required.