Join 1M+ other developers and:
- Get help and share knowledge in Q&A
- Subscribe to topics of interest
- Get courses & tools that help you grow as a developer or small business owner
Unable to connect to remote MySQL server
I am trying to connect to remote MySQL server from my local PC. I am getting “10061” error.
Here are the steps I followed:
- changed the
/etc/mysql/mysql.conf.d/mysqld.confto the droplet ip.
- GRANT ALL ON databasename.* TO email@example.com IDENTIFIED BY ‘yourpassword’;
- flush privileges;
- sudo /etc/init.d/mysql restart
I have disabled firewall too. But still not able to connet to it. One more thing I have a live site using the same MySQL database, changing
bind-address to droplet IP makes the server throw Internal Server Error. Why is that ?
These answers are provided by our Community. If you find them useful, show some love by clicking the heart. If you run into issues leave a comment, or add your own answer to help others.×