Join 1M+ other developers and:
- Get help and share knowledge in Q&A
- Subscribe to topics of interest
- Get courses & tools that help you grow as a developer or small business owner
Understanding "Add a domain"
Sorry for so stupid question, I come from developing world and I’m newbie in Systems.
I have a Ruby on Rails app running, and I bought a domain name (in www.dondominio.com), and now I want to add my domain to this app (since now accesible only by droplet ip’s)
I have added a domain, but I don’t understand anything. I expected to receive 5 Ips or 5 name servers, that I had to store in in www.dondominio.com, but there are to many options for my ignorant mind.
Please can someone make an explanation of:
- What does “Select Record Type” means
- What name ant what IP do I have to populate?
- Do I have to push “Create A record” or “Create "AAA” record"
Thanks a lot
These answers are provided by our Community. If you find them useful, show some love by clicking the heart. If you run into issues leave a comment, or add your own answer to help others.×