Unreachable content (Docker containers) on other port than 80
I have a problem with accessing Docker containers for any other port than 80. Previously it worked and I had services accessible on ports 5000 and 7000 in addition to a nginx server installed directly on the droplet. I recently do a dist-upgrade to Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS and that may have broken stuff.
- accessing a page on port 80 or 443 served by nginx (without docker)
- accessing my docker container from another machine if bind on port 80
- accessing my docker container from the localhost regardless of port
What doesn’t work:
- accessing a page on port 81 served by nginx (without docker)
- accessing my docker container if bind to port 5000 or 7000
So it seems that there is a problem with other ports than 80 and 443 for serving content on the internet. I have not DO Firewall configured. I tried to look iptables stuff but I understand very little but don’t find anything suspicious. I tried various things for hours be still cannot solve the issue.
Could you help me?
These answers are provided by our Community. If you find them useful, show some love by clicking the heart. If you run into issues leave a comment, or add your own answer to help others.