We host our mail server on DigitalOcean, and recently began having some problems where the MX lookup for some domains was failing. So, I changed the DNS resolvers from DigitalOcean to Google in the /etc/netplan/50-cloud-init.ymal file. I also added a secondary file to prevent the system from overwriting my changes.
After doing this, I rebooted the server, and it has not been responsive since (it’s been 1 hour and 20 minutes at the time of this post). I am also not able to connect to it via Digital Ocean’s console. In the graphs area of the dashboard, the droplet does show sys CPU usage of 40% (normally 0.2%) but Disk I/O and bandwidth are both at zero.
I’ve contacted support, but have not heard back yet. Has anyone else dealt with this issue, or have any suggestions? It’s a 4GB droplet using Ubuntu 18.04.
This textbox defaults to using Markdown to format your answer.
You can type !ref in this text area to quickly search our full set of tutorials, documentation & marketplace offerings and insert the link!
These answers are provided by our Community. If you find them useful, show some love by clicking the heart. If you run into issues leave a comment, or add your own answer to help others.
Join our DigitalOcean community of over a million developers for free! Get help and share knowledge in Q&A, subscribe to topics of interest, and get courses and tools that will help you grow as a developer and scale your project or business.
Click below to sign up and get $100 of credit to try our products over 60 days!