Updated, step by step, email server (pop, imap) for ubuntu
All the tutorials are more or less outdated.
As DNS config, email should be easy config, this is the only problem I found in this service.
step by step should include (in this order):
1) DNS registries. Include multidomain
2) do we need to add users to the machine? If so, how to add them and the setup for folder/email permissions
3) required programs needed in order to set POP/IMAP (postfix, SSL…)
4) Test with email clients (settings ports, ssl) as thunderbird, outlook or gmail.
5) optional: webemailserver setup, in php and sendmail php function.
Maybe 1 click install of the LAMP with a kind of CPANEL for that should be perfect, cause is not user friendly at all.
These answers are provided by our Community. If you find them useful, show some love by clicking the heart. If you run into issues leave a comment, or add your own answer to help others.×