Join 1M+ other developers and:
- Get help and share knowledge in Q&A
- Subscribe to topics of interest
- Get courses & tools that help you grow as a developer or small business owner
Uploading files to Spaces via a Frontend WordPress Page
We operate a multi-vendor eCommerce store focused on selling digital products. We would like that our third-party vendors via some Frontend Pages of our WordPress website can upload files and that they are saved in Digital Ocean’s Spaces.
We are looking for a scalable solution, reducing resource use of our WordPress server. What is the most resource-efficient way to do this?
1) Upload Files to WordPress, then from WordPress to Spaces?
2) Upload files directly to Spaces?
Please note, we also need to offer functionality in WordPress Frontend and Backend pages to query and list stored files by vendor and show/search them.
What is the best practice to do this?
These answers are provided by our Community. If you find them useful, show some love by clicking the heart. If you run into issues leave a comment, or add your own answer to help others.×