Join 1M+ other developers and:
- Get help and share knowledge in Q&A
- Subscribe to topics of interest
- Get courses & tools that help you grow as a developer or small business owner
Using DigitalOcean for a web hosting company
I was looking into using DO servers for a WordPress hosting company.
I saw that there are multiple projects that integrate with DO that could automate the process of either spinning up new droplets, or setting up a new virtual container within a droplet.
I wanted to get a recommendation for the best suited projects/services to use in my use case:
- Someone purchases WordPress hosting from my website (doesn’t exist yet)
- Either a Droplet is created under my DO account, or a virtual container is created on one of the droplets under my account (either with Docker or Vagrant)
- The installation script is then ran to install LEMP, WordPress, set up the MySQL database etc.
- The new WordPress installation is available on an IP address - which can also be pointed at with a domain name, once the DNS configuration has been completed by the end-user
Ideally, I would like the droplet to be added to some sort of server monitoring service so I can get notifications of anything that goes wrong
Please let me know what the best route/combination is for my use case
These answers are provided by our Community. If you find them useful, show some love by clicking the heart. If you run into issues leave a comment, or add your own answer to help others.×