Join 1M+ other developers and:
- Get help and share knowledge in Q&A
- Subscribe to topics of interest
- Get courses & tools that help you grow as a developer or small business owner
Using fonts, Fontawesome and another with React served through Apache 2.4.x
I’ve created a React app connecting to a back end Rails API. Everything works great on my local machine when running react using the bundled development server. When I deployed to my Apache server it works but I have 2 issues.
- The icons from Fontawesome are not showing up.
- I use the Poppins font and while it looks like it’s being used, the view is showing me a different size from that running through my development server.
I’m sure there’s some deployment options I’m missing. Searching SO showed me to embed a link to fontawesome and add to .htaccess.
Added this to my index.html:
<link href="http://localhost:8080/files/applications/CADRe/bower_components/font-awesome/css/font-awesome.min.css" rel="stylesheet">
Added this to my .htaccess file:
AddType application/vnd.ms-fontobject eot AddType font/truetype ttf AddType application/x-font-woff woff
Thanks in advance.
These answers are provided by our Community. If you find them useful, show some love by clicking the heart. If you run into issues leave a comment, or add your own answer to help others.×