Join 1M+ other developers and:
- Get help and share knowledge in Q&A
- Subscribe to topics of interest
- Get courses & tools that help you grow as a developer or small business owner
Vesta error 2002: Can't connect to localhost
I’m a designer, not a developer or programmer.
Instructions with commands are can be overwhelming as I don’t even know where I would enter the initial command. (e.g., We can see if the system has any configured swap by typing: sudo swapon -s )
I’ve got three Wordpress sites down and here’s the email I’m getting from Vesta.
Can't connect to localhost ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (111)
Do I have to do one of these things:
- Upgrade to a larger droplet.
- Enable Swap.
- Modify the configurations for Apache and MySQL to reduce memory use.
(I found the above here: https://www.digitalocean.com/community/questions/vesta-control-panel-database-error-connection-failed)
These answers are provided by our Community. If you find them useful, show some love by clicking the heart. If you run into issues leave a comment, or add your own answer to help others.×