Join 1M+ other developers and:
- Get help and share knowledge in Q&A
- Subscribe to topics of interest
- Get courses & tools that help you grow as a developer or small business owner
VSFTP File Transfer Failed, Error 451
Command: STOR phase1.php
Response: 150 Ok to send data.
Response: 451 Failure writing to local file.
Error: File transfer failed
I’m using FileZilla, and had no issues without using SFTP for the last several days. After performing consecutive uploads with bug fixes it gives me the error above. I have no idea what to do anymore.
I’ve the done following:
- sudo chown -R ftp:ftp /var/www
- restarted vsftpd and apache2
- sudo chmod 777 -R /var/www
- and reinstalled the LAMP stack
Nothing seems to be working and it was working just fine prior to last night. I’ve been doing socket connections for a project and thought maybe I exceeded the max connections so I reset the box, and my PC. Nothing changed.
I’m at a loss and would appreciate any help.
Note: It was working fine for 5 days up until last night. I don’t need suggestions to use SFTP, I don’t want to right now.
These answers are provided by our Community. If you find them useful, show some love by clicking the heart. If you run into issues leave a comment, or add your own answer to help others.×