Join 1M+ other developers and:
- Get help and share knowledge in Q&A
- Subscribe to topics of interest
- Get courses & tools that help you grow as a developer or small business owner
Website hosted on Digital Ocean but mail using Hostgator. How to configure Email?
I have a website, recconsulting-services.com, which uses a Hostgator domain but it’s hosted here on Digital Ocean (i successfully redirected the DNS and finished propagation).
I want to keep using the Hostgator email server to process emails but I am finding difficulties in doing so.
How should I configure the email server?
Everything I did was creating the email on Hostgator Cpanel (firstname.lastname@example.org) and (based on Hostgator support indications) then create a MX record that points to my Hostgator IP on Digital Ocean dashboard.
Should I something else on top of it?
e-mails are generally working (sending and receiving) but, for example:
- The form on my website does not notify my e-mail when somebody sends a request
- I am not able to configure Windows Mail and I do not know what servers (incoming and outcoming) to choose in order to connect to the account.
Also, would you recommend to completely cut off any link with Hostgator and set up my own email on Digital Ocean? I read right here on the website that is not recommended .
Apologies in advance if this may seem confusing but it’s the first time I deal with this kind of issue. I am available for questions and clarifications.
These answers are provided by our Community. If you find them useful, show some love by clicking the heart. If you run into issues leave a comment, or add your own answer to help others.×