Join 1M+ other developers and:
- Get help and share knowledge in Q&A
- Subscribe to topics of interest
- Get courses & tools that help you grow as a developer or small business owner
Website not loading - Apache conf problems
My website was opening only using IP after i recreated a droplet using snapshot,
then i configured the sudo nano /etc/apache2/sites-available/000-default.conf
(created i new file) input the lines requested by this tutorial
where it says to input this:
(i didnt input the “…”)
meanwhile i remembed a friend told me to recreate the DNS records in digitalocean droplet to this way the new IP would propagate properly then i did.
then i did this in putty:
and used these commands afterwards:
sudo a2ensite newnewnew-default.conf
sudo a2dissite 000-default.conf
now my website have this error:
This webpage has a redirect loop
The webpage at http://mydomain.com/ has resulted in too many redirects. Clearing your cookies for this site or allowing third-party cookies may fix the problem. If not, it is possibly a server configuration issue and not a problem with your computer.
Also i have this error in putty:
service apache2 reload
- Reloading web server apache2 *
- The apache2 configtest failed. Not doing anything. Output of config test was: apache2: Syntax error on line 219 of /etc/apache2/apache2.conf: Syntax error on line 1 of /etc/ap ache2/sites-enabled/substituir-default.conf: /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/substituir-default.conf:1 : <VirtualHost> was not closed. Action ‘configtest’ failed. The Apache error log may have more information.
p.s(how i see the log)? Thanks.
These answers are provided by our Community. If you find them useful, show some love by clicking the heart. If you run into issues leave a comment, or add your own answer to help others.×