Join 1M+ other developers and:
- Get help and share knowledge in Q&A
- Subscribe to topics of interest
- Get courses & tools that help you grow as a developer or small business owner
What deleted my WordPress app directory?My WordPress app directory disappeared;I didn't mess with it. honest. Root gives no such directory.
Setup: Ubuntu 16.06, digital ocean droplet. Single WordPress app on a micro droplet.
- used certbot for SSL install
- turned off firewall, configured my own firewall rules using UFW
- added cloudflare free plan, 3 basic wordpress brute force rules.
All this was working (honest) and the site was up and accessible up to midday yesterday. I wasn’t even working on it remotely - working locally most of the day. Then I checked it at the end of the day and boom! app directory gone. Everything else appears normal - I can access it via ssh and console and all the users I added are there,etc.
Any ideas how I can tell what stupid thing I did to find out if I deleted it? Any way to tell if Server Pilot did something that might have deleted it?
ServerPilot still shows WordPress as connected to the app.
getfacl on the app directories show everything normal with root having read access to everything.
These answers are provided by our Community. If you find them useful, show some love by clicking the heart. If you run into issues leave a comment, or add your own answer to help others.×