Hi, I have just finished setting up my Ubuntu server (thanks for the guides here! :) ) for my multiple websites. I understand that there is *still* much to be done before I can even start working on the websites and so I read a bit more and have the following questions...
1. Should I even use phpMyAdmin? I heard that it provides a convenient way to manage databases (I am going to need to input a lot of data; every bit of convenience counts!) but there seem to be lots of security issues with it.
2. How do I use cron jobs to my advantage? I understand that they can help me do certain administrative tasks (especially updates) but I am not sure where to start learning more about them...
3. What/How should I monitor my server?
4. Should I install ClamAV or TripWire for the server?
5. How should I "harden" my Apache server?
These answers are provided by our Community. If you find them useful, show some love by clicking the heart.
If you run into issues leave a comment, or add your own answer to help others.