Join 1M+ other developers and:
- Get help and share knowledge in Q&A
- Subscribe to topics of interest
- Get courses & tools that help you grow as a developer or small business owner
What is the set up required to allow particular files to be downloaded from server?
I have a droplet up and running in Digital Ocean.
I am using tomcat7, postgres, nginx and Java.
I created a safari extension for my website and now want to move it to the server, so that i can give a link to the location and people can download and install the extension.
This link - http://stackoverflow.com/questions/10956587/how-to-create-a-downloadable-public-link-for-files-on-server, provided some answers.
I moved the extension to location /var/www/ as mentioned in the link.But,I have not installed Apache2.(I wanted to know if we can do it by the stuff that i already have on the server).
If i try to access the files using - http://sitename/extensionname.safariextz, i get a 404 error.
My questions are
- I have tomcat7 already, Can i give some permissions for tomcat to let it allow certain files to be downloaded?. Or do i need something Apache2.?
- Where should the downloadable file be placed in the server?
Appreciate any help,
These answers are provided by our Community. If you find them useful, show some love by clicking the heart. If you run into issues leave a comment, or add your own answer to help others.×