Join 1M+ other developers and:
- Get help and share knowledge in Q&A
- Subscribe to topics of interest
- Get courses & tools that help you grow as a developer or small business owner
What's the proper way to move PHP sites to DO?
Hello, I have a Grid-Shared hosting from MediaTemple and I just got into DigitalOcean and very happy about it, I don’t know much about internal structure yet in DO, so I have a few questions:
- I have a site that is passively online just for my own use, it’s run regular free php-scripts boards, how do I transfer it to DO?
- What is the payments for each site? In the Grid-Shared hosting in MediaTemple I have around 10 domains and around 20 subdomains in total, I only pay once a year no matter how many domains I run, I think the limit is around 100 domains. What are the rules in DO?
- I register domains in the other companies such as GoDaddy/NameCheap and I only do DNS setting there to mediatemple: ns1.mediatemple.net ns2.... and then I connect domains in MediaTemple and adjust settings: Cname, A, TXT, and to connect Gmail mail accounts for domains, how to do the same in DO?
Please guide me here, DO seems amazing!
These answers are provided by our Community. If you find them useful, show some love by clicking the heart. If you run into issues leave a comment, or add your own answer to help others.×