Join 1M+ other developers and:
- Get help and share knowledge in Q&A
- Subscribe to topics of interest
- Get courses & tools that help you grow as a developer or small business owner
What security measures to take on the droplet?
Hi, I’ve implemented these security measures on my new droplet as part of the basic setup:
- Enabled SSH keys
- Disabled root login
- Disallowed password authentication
- Restricted use of PAM
- Changed port number
- Limited users through SSH
- Installed UFW firewall
Do you think these are sufficient or there are any other security aspects that I should have on the droplet before going ahead with LAMP or LEMP stack to eventually install WordPress?
Sharing of your personal experiences will be highly appreciated. Thanks. :)
These answers are provided by our Community. If you find them useful, show some love by clicking the heart. If you run into issues leave a comment, or add your own answer to help others.×