Join 1M+ other developers and:
- Get help and share knowledge in Q&A
- Subscribe to topics of interest
- Get courses & tools that help you grow as a developer or small business owner
Why can't I connect to a service?
I am pretty new to linux and VPS so apologies up front. I am trying to set up a ubooquity server on my DO VPS. I have successfully installed the latest version using this workflow:
- install java8
- download ubooquity with wget, unzip to /opt/ubooquity
- run headless to test in cmd - works (but I can not connect)
- add ubooquity to init.d to start at boot
Also succesfully installed and set up Amazon Cloud Drive access via FUSE
- install acd_cli via cl
- set up and auth using acdcli init / acdcli sync
- set up permanent mount using crontab @ reboot
Reboot droplet to test everything, all working (acd_cli mounts on reboot, ubooquity service is running (sudo service ubooquity status > Ubooquity is running…)
I have checked that i have opened correct port in ufw via
sudo netstat -plunt - port specified in ubooquity preferences.xml is listed as open
However when I try to go to http//:dropletip:port/admin i get a 404…
Used bits and pieces form these guides to get this far.
How To Set Up a Firewall with UFW on Ubuntu 14.04
How to access Amazon Cloud Drive from the command line on Linux
Any tricks I need to do on a more general level to gain external access? After I get direct access I was going to install inadyn and set up DDNS.
These answers are provided by our Community. If you find them useful, show some love by clicking the heart. If you run into issues leave a comment, or add your own answer to help others.×