Join 1M+ other developers and:
- Get help and share knowledge in Q&A
- Subscribe to topics of interest
- Get courses & tools that help you grow as a developer or small business owner
Why is my Droplet transfer data usage so high?
I made my DigitalOcean account 2 weeks ago, and my current Estimated Droplet Transfer Pool is now already at 1498 GB used of 485 GB.
All I have done in the past 2 weeks is:
- Create a Ubuntu web server then destroyed it.
- Created a Wordpress web server (LAMP stack) which is still currently running.
I am struggling to understand how I’ve used so much data? Surely a Wordpress web server shouldn’t be using up this much data? Or is there something I’m not aware of?
Over the last 2 weeks, I have only been charged $0.50 in server running fees. However, now I am already over 1000 GB over my limit - does this mean I will be charged an extra $10?
These answers are provided by our Community. If you find them useful, show some love by clicking the heart. If you run into issues leave a comment, or add your own answer to help others.×