There are several issues that could result in a temporary account lock. These may include:
- Launching an outbound attack (this often means a droplet has been compromised and an account may be locked to protect the network and other people who may be targeted)
- Copyright violation. failure to respond to DMCA complaints or other abuse complaints may result in an account being locked or terminated.
- other unlawful activities - Should we receive a request from law enforcement including a court order services may be disabled. More can be read about how we work with law enforcement and protect user privacy here.
An account may be terminated for the following reasons (this may not be a complete list, please refer to the terms of service for full details)
- Using fraudulent information or stolen credit card or paypal details when creating or paying for an account.
- Failure to resolve abuse like the items included in the first list.
- A pattern of abuse showing multiple accounts being opened for fraudulent purposes.