Join 1M+ other developers and:
- Get help and share knowledge in Q&A
- Subscribe to topics of interest
- Get courses & tools that help you grow as a developer or small business owner
Why Nginx Ubuntu 14.04.5 x64 stop working suddenly?
I followed this tutorial to set up a Nginx.
Criteria like below:
- Image : Ubuntu 14.04.5 x64
- Region : SGP1
It works for the first time.What I mean it works is :
- Able to access from web browser. (I print Hello world in a HTML file)
- Able to access from putty with the credential I set earlier.
- Able to access the file via FileZilla.
- Able to call to API via Postman,getting the response as expected.
Then suddenly it stop working.What I mean stop working is:
- Cant access the html that working earlier via browser.
- Access with putty get ->Network error: Connection Timed out
- Unable to call to API via Postman,getting this response : Could not get any response
- Cant access with FileZilla get this error below
<^>Error: Connection timed out after 20 seconds of inactivity
Error: Could not connect to server<^>
So in order for me to make it connect again,I tried the following:
- Disable the firewall using: sudo ufw disable
- Restart nginx using : sudo service nginx restart
- Restart the droplet in digital ocean console
- check the nginx status using : sudo nginx -t and get the nginx is working fine
Now when I access the droplet via digital ocean console,I get this result on screen:
What I missing out??This situation happened 2 times ady..First time I delete the droplet and start over.But now it happened again.
So tell me what to do to avoid this happened again.And how to solve this problem to make the server work again?
These answers are provided by our Community. If you find them useful, show some love by clicking the heart. If you run into issues leave a comment, or add your own answer to help others.×