Join 1M+ other developers and:
- Get help and share knowledge in Q&A
- Subscribe to topics of interest
- Get courses & tools that help you grow as a developer or small business owner
Will Storage Volume be formatted if we resize a Droplet?
I have a Droplet with a Volume attached. I poweroff the Droplet and Resize (CPU and RAM only).
Once the resize is completed, I power on the Droplet.
I noticed the Volume is not attached, so I followed the Config instructions:
- - mkdir -p /mnt/volume_
- - mount -o discard,defaults,noatime /dev/disk/by-id/scsi-0DOVolumevolume-sgp1-01 /mnt/volume
- echo ’/dev/disk/by-id/scsi-0DOVolumevolume /mnt/volume_ ext4 defaults,nofail,discard 0 0’ | sudo tee -a /etc/fstab
Once the Volume is attached to the Droplet, I check the Volume directory and all the folders/files is gone. The volume available space also showed 99% available.
These answers are provided by our Community. If you find them useful, show some love by clicking the heart. If you run into issues leave a comment, or add your own answer to help others.×