Wordpress Home Page Not Loading After Theme Install
After installing WordPress on my droplet, activating the required plugins, installing my theme and uploading some demo content, the home page stopped loading.
I went through the following steps:
- Created a droplet and installed WordPress on Ubuntu 14.04 using the one-click installer
- Use SSH to login to my droplet & obtain the htaccess login details
- Setup Wordpress
- Used the terminal to increase the max file size upload from 2MB to 20MB
- Installed my theme
- Installed & activated the all of the required plugins
- Uploaded the demo contet provided with the theme
- Selected the ‘Static Page’ option in Settings > Reading as specified by the theme documentation.
After refreshing the page, all that is shown is the spinning activity indicator. The theme does not load as it should.
I went through the same steps on my localhost (MAMP) and another hosted server (Dreamhost) and no problems at all.
I suspect it’s a PHP or an Apache setting.
Can anybody help?