Join 1M+ other developers and:
- Get help and share knowledge in Q&A
- Subscribe to topics of interest
- Get courses & tools that help you grow as a developer or small business owner
Wordpress multisite is down after upgrade Ubuntu to 16.04
So I was using an One-click-Wordpress on Ubuntu 14.04 from 2015. I converted it to multisite in 2016 and still running fine with 5 sites total (with different domains).
Problems came yesterday when I decied to do an do-release-upgrade to upgrade to Ubuntu 16.04. Without any active droplet snapshot. Yes, that was awful.
After the upgrade, my sites are still down. I sent a DigitalOcean support ticket to get me through some droplet check. Then I checked apache2 service and it was not running caused by syntax errror ‘php_flag’. And so I reinstalled php and check some other LAMP stack related stuffs.
After a while, my sub-sites are back online, as I can access them via their own domain. But I cannot access my main site, the original domain. And so I cant backup things from there.
These are the symptoms:
- Access my-main-domain (through cloudflare) get only a blank page with code 500 error.
- Access my-droplet-ip and I got redirect to http://my-main-domain/wp-signup.php?new=my-droplet-ip
- My sub-sites still running.
I thinks this is is some multisites config got messed up after the upgrade but do not know how to solve the problem. So I appreciate any help from the community, thank you very much.
These answers are provided by our Community. If you find them useful, show some love by clicking the heart. If you run into issues leave a comment, or add your own answer to help others.×