I just migrated my Wordpress site to DO. I used an Ubuntu with preconfigured wordpress and transfered my files and my DB to the VPS. So far so good.
I have this strange behavior: Filenames with unicode names (greek) do not link properly on website and eventually images do not show on site.
Here are the facts:
- ssh into vps and ls shows filenames as ????????.jpg
- performing ls | more shows filenames correclty! (So i assume that the original naming was not lost when transferring them)
- checking images from wordpress admin shows them as broken links.(they do not show)
- logging into to phpmyadmin and checking the corresponding tables (postmeta) shows the names in unicode.
- also, uploading one new image with unicode (greek) filename works OK..
These answers are provided by our Community. If you find them useful, show some love by clicking the heart.
If you run into issues leave a comment, or add your own answer to help others.